Keeping your teeth clean and healthy takes work. Adding braces to the question just makes the process that much more difficult! Have no fear, Magestro Orthodontics is here! Try a few of these helpful tips that will keep your mouth clean and healthy:
- Use wax floss. This is stronger than unwaxed floss and less likely to shred when flossing with braces.
- Use longer floss. A foot and a half (or about 18 inches) should be used to get into all of the nooks and crannies.
- Use a floss threader. This will make your job much easier when getting the floss under your wires.
- Brush your teeth after every meal or snack. If you are unable to brush a good alternative is to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Use a sonic toothbrush. It works better than manual toothbrushes.
For more teeth cleaning advice, “like” Magestro Orthodontics on Facebook.